About Hélène Trink
After graduating from the Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Paris (ESCP) and from Georgia State University (MBA), Hélène Trink began her career at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), where she worked for thirteen years as a management consultant, specializing in services firms. She also took an active part in the firm’s internal management.
Hélène Trink then joined the Paris office of the international law firm Baker & McKenzie, as General Secretary, subsequently becoming the Managing Director. For more than nine years, she worked closely with the Managing Partners to help them develop and manage the firm.
Hélène Trink founded a consultancy firm for the legal profession, LEXqi Conseil, to make available to the firm’s clients her extensive experience in law firm management, as well as her expertise in management.
LEXqi Conseil offers focused services to legal departments and law firms : Organization, Optimization, Mediation.
Hélène Trink has taken part in the design of the program “Strategy, management and organization of Law Firms” taught since 2005 at the Ecole de Formation du Barreau de Paris. From 2005 to 2008, she has given the course on Law firm organization.
Hélène Trink has taught for several years at ESCP Europe in the Executive Education program specialized in Performance management and aimed at Managers and Executives: How to monitor the profitability of a Professional services Firm.
Hélène Trink has designed a training on legal department management for the Executive MBA Droit des affaires et management Panthéon-Assas Paris 2 university, as well as a workshop on « KPI and reporting of the legal department» designed for General Counsels.
Examples of engagements
- Strategic Planning. Implementation of action plans.
- Conducting Partners’ annual seminar.
- Client satisfaction survey for Law departments.
- Conducting training on Business Development specially designed for Partners and experienced lawyers.
- Definition of the Marketing and Communications strategy of a law firm, taking into account Paris Bar rules.
- Audit of Law departments.
- Conducting annual seminars for in-house lawyers.
- Law department budget assessment and optimization.
- Technology of Law department : organization and systems functional specifications.
- Development of the Quality Chart of a law firm, involving lawyers and support staff.
- Audit of law firm Support functions.
- Management team building for Law firms: from job description to integration of managers.
- Office space study for a law firm: feasibility study and structuring of the organization associated with the new premises.
- Benchmarks for law Firms on various Management issues.